September 26, 2008

Random. That is what my life has been over the past week or so. Random thoughts. Random doings. Random people. Random meetings. I have been loving random. And this post keeps up with the dictated-from-up-above-in-the-skies theme for the week.

I saw this guy in the lift yesterday. A random guy. And I liked him. Now this doesn't happen quite often with me. An effect of my minimum and apparently high standards, combined with the fact that the guys here are so very pathetic. Trust me. I am not kidding. And so my dormant heart fluttered its wings a tad bit. Not like he was dashingly smart and handsome with a body to die for. I don't know what it was. Probably his persona. I really don't know. Oh well, since he was a random guy, I don't think I'll be seeing him again. But hey random guy, in case you randomly bump into this post, you made my heart go oo la la.

People change. Over time. I need to get used to this. Although this has happened so very many times in the past, it seems to come as a shock to me every time it happens again. With every new person, I think that history will not repeat itself. Oh no, you can’t do the same thing. Everyone is not the same. The vibe here is different. Well, guess what. It's basic human instinct. It is bound to happen. Sooner for some, later with others. Heck even I've changed a hell lot. I probably need to readjust my highly optimistic optimism-meter. Lower it down. Stop expecting people to behave in a certain way. Oh. I might as well achieve nirvana then.

I need something to happen. I feel that my life has suddenly plateaued. I'm on this grassland with no ups and downs and no valleys and no floods and no thunderstorms and no droughts. Just a plain boring flat piece of land. I need something to happen. To rock my world. To make me think and go all crazy. It's like all I'm doing these days is waiting for that something to happen. Do you guys have times like these too?

18 comments:

Che said...

Welcome to life :)
Damn neither the building that I live in nor the building where I work has a lift! No wonder I dont have such moments :(

Found yourself on a grassland? Build your own amusement park dear. remember no one will help you get out of the rut but you.

Toonfactory said...

Bubbly its d other way round I guess...Einstein was old age Calvin... ;)...will be reading ur post soon and will post a comment on it too :)

That Girl said...

where are you from again?
i went through that phase once.. in ye old boonie land of Orissa.. can you imagine me trying to find a guy there? most of them were paan chewers and the rest of them were sincere derelicts.
sigh.

i feel ya... trust me.. one day.. your life will explode into overdrive and you will never be the same again!! happens to all girls like you and me!!

That Girl said...

my bad. i see you have gone through a rollercoaster already.

but the best is yet to come!!! you just need to "knock on the right door" like i did..er.. eventually!

Idle Wild said...

che's right, it's all upto u. Go crazy!!! Randomness used to visit me often, but now I'm way too busy. Still, it manages to creep in sometimes, but when it feels unshakeable, you must know that it will pass :)
here's to more dreamy random lift-guys :D

Bubbly Vodka said...

Che - Lol. The moments can happen anywhere. Look out the next time you go down the stairs. And sometimes no matter how hard you try to build an amusement park, everything falls apart. Sometimes it is just about time you know.

G Gurl - Yes I have been on some wonderful rollercoasters. Which is why the lull is annoying me, I more like the overdrive versus the peace. I too hope that the best is saved for last :)

Dropper - Hail dreamy lift guys! And random in this context really is more on the lines of doing unexpected things. Not the case of an idle mind, I am more busy than I would like to be most of the time.

Preeti said...

Bubblllyyyy...

do one thing psyche destiny into giving you what you want by wanting it desperately...

shall i also theorize...when we think in our minds that "we are never going to be happy" somehow there is something that conspires and fufills that thought. and we do end up being not happy.

arre yaar...what am i saying...

i have never waited for things to happen. i have ended up being the one that made things happen. well i have fallen flat on my face several times but i can sit back and reassure myself that i've at least tried...

Preeti said...

And life has to be random...
if it is purposeful then it becomes a formality....

Idle Wild said...

hmmm...busy randomness sucks. take a holiday :) sometimes a break does the trick, daily routine can get depressingly monotonous...

PI said...

i don't even meet dishy guys. i should take the lift more often.
and same pinch for the blah phase. am feeling very restless myself.

aqua gurl said...

awesome words again

Akshaya Kamalnath said...

Yes yes yes..happens to everyone so just hang in there...you said it when you said you feel your life has 'plateaued'...

Unknown said...

When you are in a plateau you can be sure the hills are not far away. And that's quite a lot of randomness happening.

Anonymous said...

hey Vodka, when you descend to a neutral land when u have no ups and no downs, trust me u r on way up to a new land and good one at that....

Toonfactory said...

Hmmmm...Randomness has its own beauty...isnt it...and if there wont be random happenings life will be boring...

Bubbly Vodka said...

Preeti - There is so much you can do to try and get things in your own hands. There is always something stronger that can make things work the other way, you know.

Dropper - Holidays are good. But once you're back, all the old worries that you left behind come back to haunt you, no?

Pseudo - Hope your blah-ness has gotten better. Mine is still where it was.

Aqua - Thanks dear.

Akshaya - Thanks for dropping by. Still hanging.

J - Hoping I'm headed for the mountains now. A random Everest at that. Lol.

Buzz - Fingers crossed.

Toon - I agree. As I said, I love random.

dumb_ank said...

on the grassland (nice term) for last 1.5 year...longer actually, but before there were atleast the occassional bumps and hillocs...not one continous uninterrupted life. even the small interruptions have become so part of life, they are not noticable anymore.
the fear is there won't be anymore mountains...they would seem like grasslands as well.
always tell myself...gotta make things happen for urself. doesn't happen though.
take care.

dumb_ank said...

@TheDropper - holidays are just trying to escape...hasn't worked, as bubbly vodka says...its only helps during the holiday period, once ur back, everything else is back with u.
@akshaya...everyone says its just a phase...and someone else has gone through it before...but its my phase and i am going through it now.