October 02, 2008

Perfection. Why is it unattainable? Why is it next to impossible? Why is it even a concept if it is so damn difficult to realize?

You know how life has all these pieces. The education piece. The family piece. The career piece. The interests piece. The money piece. The friends piece. The relationship piece. And the many other pieces. You can put in as many pieces as you want to. All the pieces that make your life look like what it does. Very much similar to a jigsaw puzzle. It seems to me that no matter how hard I try, there needs to be at least one piece missing. Usually more than one. But at least one. Sometimes I only have one piece and the many many other ones are no where to be seen. It's like someone is playing hide and seek with me and the pieces. I find one, and the other goes missing. And another is discovered. And two others disappear. And a bunch of them reappear miraculously from nowhere. An exhausting game this is. And I don't know how much longer I can handle it. I just hope that the referee knows when to call it a time out.

While the game has been draining me out, I have been weaving a dream off late. A dream that is too good to be true. A dream that should remain a dream coz I don't think my world has the potential to handle it in reality. A dream that is has gotten me all high in the sky, knowing that the fall from up above there will shatter me once again. A dream that I should probably throw into the garbage bin before it gets a chance to kick me into the trash instead. A dream that someone needs to slap me out of right here, right now.

There are some things that we can never learn. This is one of mine.

13 comments:

burf said...

i guess you are risk-taking by nature, and there is some amount of contradiction in you... [i didn't intend to be judgmental in a mean way]

Bubbly Vodka said...

Possibly. Contradiction, yes there is. Which bit are you talking about though?

This is life said...

Love the song playing:)

Sparkling said...

Why the hell do you wanna attain perfection gurl, there won't be anything to look forward to otherwise? Perfection is nothing but an end to life's growth.
I know you know all too well and I hope for you that your dream come true. Are you seeing it w/ eyes open? :p


P.S: For some reason your blog did not allow me to post a comment on your previous post, I'm glad it was just random.

That Girl said...

thats how you can move the pieces around i guess. you need that one missing spot...

sometimes we get too comfortable when we have everything in place i guess.
dont throw that dream into the trash just yet.

Preeti said...

I agree with still....
perfection is very ugly...

as a concept it is one of those things that we melodramatize about....

think about it bubbly, if you had all the pieces and everything was in its place...after that what...? what else is there to do then...? nothing much, na?

it is good to play the game of life so that we can live it well...ask the referee not for time out...but time please...because all of us need our breaks from the game...to decompress and then get right back into it ...

are you the same person who said (to still) that

"Don't sleep and dream. Dream with open eyes. I think those come true quicker!"

(sorry for the long comment. am in a philosophizing mood)

Che said...

When I wanted to be perfect I changed my definition of perfect and now I *am* perfect!

humbl devil said...

start (be)-li(e)ving your dream...and look at the wonders it will do...
but first of all you need to trash all the negative emotions that are riding piggyback...(referring to the part where you say your dream will push you into the trash)...
be more positive, girl...

we get nowhere by chance...everything has a reason...

Bubbly Vodka said...

Aqua - Which song was that?

Still - I know I know. It was just one of those times. About my dream, my eyes are wide open. And I am absolutely aware of how unreasonable I am being. Oh well, let's see what happens. And of course I am not blocking you out dear.

Grafx - I am hanging on to it with dear life. Lol.

Preeti - Again, I know I know. Frustration sometimes makes you rant out contradictory statements I guess.

Che - My oh my. Another Che I-am-so-full-of-myself moment. Lol.

HD - I am hoping the reasons are the same as I would like them to be this time around.

Che said...

Lo I just gave you the secret of of my perfectness and you call me conceited :(

Benaam Badnaam said...

let me try and explain it to u using an analogy...

u've heard of perfect competition...all markets work towards it...where there is no differential between what one supplier offers from the other...where each supplier knows what the customers are demanding...every one strives towards that 'perfection'...but the day the markets become perfect...there'll be no more markets because there'll be no price arbitrage...no 'profits' because there is no imperfection...

similarly if everything in life was perfect...wat wud u try to improve or change...with what purpose wud u get up every morning???

the imperfections are there to keep u interested in life :)

Tazeen said...

umm if you ask me, perfection is over rated, things with flaws are a lot more entertaining and can keep you interested far longer ...

Akshaya Kamalnath said...

no dream on and try and realise it...dont be scared to dream..u cant be perfect but you can try to live on your terms.