January 09, 2009

Cheers to the new year. A year which has started on mixed notes. Happy. Wrong. Exciting. Mundane. Hopeful. Real. Surprising. Scary. High. Rocking. And I do not know which one I should take as the note that will be for the coming 355 days.

It has been interesting so far. Something to continue to pay the bills. Bozo players and wishfully thought of decent players in the field. Half a year of trotting, albeit minuscule, planned. Potential for life altering. All in all, excitement. Probably not a daily dose, but monthly doses seem pretty much guarenteed. I could use a more happening life, you know.

I was on a jet last year. It flew me by faster than the blink of my eye. Some good. Some bad. I learnt that sooner or later, you have to come to terms with all that happens. I learnt that I could get all that I wanted as long as I wanted it bad enough. I learnt that morality is a notion that is incredibly difficult to act upon 24/7. I learnt that age is just a number. I learnt that we can have new beginnings. I learnt that the wounds heal but the scars never fade. I learnt that friends hold your hand and pull you through when you feel like you have lost your legs. I learnt that somethings can never be said. I learnt that intuition exists.

2009. I wait and hope and pray for you to be better. They don't say better by the year for nothing. So live up to it. My only resolve to you in return - I will return to being me.

PS - Sorries for the disappearing act. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue the cribbing on this blog. Ten minutes ago, I figured, what the heck!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best post i have read welcoming the start to the year... where you neatly looked upon your past and picked up the learnings and then look forward to the year with some clear objectives, plan and hope...

My best wishes are with you buddy.. I am sure this year would be better than not the last but the best you have ever witnessed in your life...

Take care. God bless ya!!

And don't worry about the disappearing act... I would still keep waiting for your posts :) and every time you make a come back to the blog... the posts just get better and better :)

aqua gurl said...

one of the best words flown through this post.....just perfect, so much to relate too!!

Happy new year and hope this new year brings a lot more to read!!!

Good to see you back on track:D:D

Keep writing:D

Anonymous said...

hey BVodka, one of the best :)

And have a good year ahead...i wud keep waitin for ur posts and visiting u :)

have a grt year

humbl devil said...

welcome back...


p.s.
about the award...you need to put them up on your blog and follow tradition...
pass it on!!!

Paradox Philic said...

Very crisp indeed!!

Love ur style...

Sparkling said...

Attagurl! :)

Sparkling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sparkling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dumb_ank said...

can a single note last for an year...
keep on cribbing...its quite pure,
happy same old year.
take care

Benaam Badnaam said...

i had a very mixed year...though i wud say it was overall a low note...i hope this one brings us something much better

PI said...

welcome back. hope 2009 goes well for u :)

Pragnya said...

love your style of writing...accidentally came across your blog...would revisit for sure.

Unknown said...

Yep.. what the heck. Just do it.

So here's to a hopefully exciting 09??

Have fun.

Bubbly Vodka said...

Thank you all you guys. It is the love that keeps me coming back here. Wishes for a great 2009 back to all of you!

HD - I will collect it very soon!

Pragnya - Thanks for dropping by.

ess said...

Happy. Wrong. Exciting. Mundane. Hopeful. Real. Surprising. Scary. High. Rocking.

You should have all of those notes. Any one by itself would make the year monotonous :) Have a good one, BV

Unknown said...

hey! welcome back....
happy new year!!
let this year have lots and lots of bubbly:)

TC..

Ps: I'm also back on blog:D

Sayani said...

hey gal happy new year :)
And i really hope you are having good days :)

its nice to see ya back

take care
sayani

Vaudevillian said...

oye the performer does come back after doing a dissapearing act!

good luck being yourself, I have to try that doing too.

Che said...

oye bubbly bubbly oye. good to see you are writing again.

WritingsForLife said...

Well I hope the year goes well for you :-)

burf said...

cheers to the unpredictability :D