December 09, 2008

There are some things that keep you going in life. Things that pull you over all the bumps that life throws at you. Things that can make your crappy day turn into a bright and shiny one. We need to hold on to these things. With dear life. For dear life.

Fiction can, every once in a while, provide you with the hope that the real world tries to snatch away from you time and again. And make you believe again. That you can. It can. Everything will. That twisted stories can iron all the creases off themselves in miraculous ways. That some day you will smile that million dollar smile again without trying too hard. That dreams can be lived.

Complimentary coffees can work wonders. Especially those that make you raise your eyebrows with delight. Here is to more unexpected, wonderful encounters. In life.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

lol @ complimentary coffees. Yeh they sure work wonders. Whatever that helps one sail through.

Bubbly Vodka said...

I know. The silly things that get me through my days. But hey. Better than me dragging myself through them right!

How are you?

Sparkling said...

It's good to see you're happy :)

That must have been one helluva coffee.

Anonymous said...

Surprised to see someone echo my thoughts when I felt I was the only one...I'm still waiting for that wonderful encounter and an effortless smile...

Nice piece :)

Bubbly Vodka said...

Still - More than the coffee, the entire act of complimentary-ing it was fabulous.

Sanjh - Thanks, and welcome here.

Anonymous said...

Life is funny... some of the unexpected... put you into the dumps and some other unexpected that get you in high spirits :)