November 27, 2008

This is the point where the dream shatters and leaves me pierced and pained with little bits and pieces of it. Again. See. That is why you should not hope. As much as I say that you should look at the world with bright, shiny eyes and nuture dreams in them like they are your very own babies, you should not. It's all crappy optimism that gets you nowhere. We need to get real. I need to get real. I need to stop dreaming. Especially the year-end dreaming. Bad bad time to dream. I don't learn from mistakes, do I. Only a miracle can do the wonder now. And no. They do not happen as often as you would like them to.

On another note. I pray that all in Mumbai are safe. The world is becoming deadlier by the day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This the first news I read and saw this morning when I woke.I was totally depressed, disappointed and agitated.

Yes. Dreams were shattered. Hopes would have been lost. But from every destruction something new, something even more stronger emerges. I am not very optimist about myself in person (a very honest confession), but yes somehow I am optimist about my country.

Optimist that we would see a better, stronger, more vibrant, more determined and a prosperous India… One day!!!

I know sounds contradictory. Buts dreams and hope that keeps me alive. I AM COZ I DREAM. I AM COZ I HOPE.

Aarwen said...

All I want is all the terrorists to be shhot. Not one to be captured alive! Or escape.

And that gives me hope.

Bubbly Vodka said...

Walk Alone - I have hope for the country too. We will overcome all the shite one day.

I edited the post to reflect that the dream and Mumbai were two separate thoughts I had.

Aarwen - I concur. They need to be killed, as brutally and irrationally.

PI said...

am SOOOO angry. and helpless. this shouldn't be happening. this CAN'T be happening!

Vaudevillian said...

getting real, yes. that's what I think I've been missing out on all this time.

burf said...

i noticed for first time that you don't title posts

seems like they reflect this post... something is missing...

burf said...

aarwen - killing them after they become terrorists is like missing the point

WritingsForLife said...

ahh... beautiful :-)

I can so relate!

Sayani said...

who said optimism is not real?
We really need to curb terrorist and we shud never loose hope thats the driving force ...coz u learn to walk after falling innumerable times....
so yes agreed with your terrorism part but not with optimism part

take care :)

Anonymous said...

yeah dreams carry less meaning when they shatter more than fulfilled...

i have stopped dreaming all this days....