June 05, 2008

The world is a complicated place to be in. Seriously. It's like one of those mazes, those puzzles, maybe sometimes even close to a labyrinth. Every decision decides what your next encounter in life will be. Make the perfect choice, and you will step into a paradise with the sound of water trickling in the river and the birds humming in the trees and the lovely flowers and the bright sunshine and all that jazz. Make a mistake and you will be thrown into this boiling-toiling-troublingly hellish place. And it's not that one thing that your decision decides. It's a series of things, and in the worst case, all the series of things that ever happen to you in life. Did you know that that one thing you decide on could change your life? What if that isn't the right answer, the answer that wins you the jackpot? Do we always think about it that way when we do have to think? Do we consider that our life, our one and only life is at stake?!

That brings me to thinking and acting on the thought versus simply acting on the thought without thinking about it. You know what I mean? If every decision we take holds so much importance, we should probably start giving more thought to what we think about. Fine, maybe not all the decisions but atleast half of them. You know, the important ones. But, doesn't all the thinking then kill the whole purpose of living life as u feel like and on impulse and all that gyaan? Contradictory eh.

I am more of the impulsive kind. The one who just acts. Not that I don't think. I definitely do think. A hell lot actually. But at the end of the day, I still do what I feel like, even though all the thinking that I've put into it may tell me to do otherwise. So then what's the point? Of all the thinking. I don't know. Maybe it gives me the assurance that I atleast I thought about it, I knew my options, I had the choice of not doing it, but I did it. Or maybe I just think coz I have a brain which compels me to think. And no regretting. Never. I mean, everything in life is an experience. You have the good ones, you have the bad ones too. Just deal with them. If you know how to spring up to the moon with joy, you need to know how to weep buckets to get over a disaster. The good life is about knowing it all.

It's a game. I'm just hoping that when I'm taking my last few breaths on this planet, I'll be able to say to myself, "Game well played, Missy!"

2 comments:

maverick said...

well we all are players and life is a game :)

humbl devil said...

go watch chaos theory...it will enlighten ya...:D
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460745/