September 02, 2008

Live your dream.

Rock On. I liked the movie. Sensible, in the recent basket of utterly rotten ones. Young, fresh and alive. Besides the fact that I love Farhan, and watching him rock this movie has only increased the love ten fold.

Anyway. This is not about my love for Farhan or Rock On. This is about dreams. Dreaming the dreams. And living them. All those beautiful, bright and shiny dreams. The chase to realize them. The quest to reign them. The hunger to breathe them. And to finally live them, it is a wonderful feeling indeed. Almost surreal. Beyond imagination.

I dream. I dream and I wish. Wish for them to get real some day. Some dreams do come true. One of mine did a couple of months ago. A dream that I had dreamed for over a decade. I never thought it would. But it did. And there is nothing that can beat the overwhelming feeling of living your dream. Realizing the dream gave me hope. Hope that at the end of the day, life can turn out the way you want it to. Hope that the impossible can turn out to be possible at times. Hope that there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. Hope that keeps me going.

So all you people. Dream. I know that when they shatter, it gets painful and breaking and killing. And that does happen every once in a while. But you'll never figure out the joys of being on top without having ever been down under. Trust me. It's worth it.

I took destiny in my hands today. After contemplating for hours and looking out for signs and and flipping coins and constantly wondering, I lay it down into my very own hands. And I am waiting to see what happens next. Touch wood.

15 comments:

Che said...

Dreams come true?
Since when?
Damn you have turned all my theories about life upside down!
I dont dream, I live.
I think its working out alright.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you.. If you don't dream, you'll never get the satisfaction of achieveing them.. If you dream, you can move on in life, stretch yourself beyond imaginary limits that you set for yourself.. Dreams are really essential to live a complete life IMO..

humbl devil said...

all the best...
:)

Trillian said...

Dreams are too good to be true.
And the only ones that some true are too true to be good.

Trillian said...

That come true*

Toonfactory said...

Dreams come true....I bel. provided you nurture ur dream & work towards it :) gonna see Rock On with usual gang of buddies once I reach Mum this weekend :)

PS. Posted my film on my blog and waiting for your bubbly feedback :)

Bubbly Vodka said...

Che - I'm telling you. Living is fine, we all do that. Try to live with dreams. It much more fun that way.

Tropper - Hello there.

Trillian - Lol, yes. They are always too good to be true. That kinda good helps in the big bad world.

Toonfactory - Sure, I'll drop by soon.

WritingsForLife said...

I havent watched the movie but i completely agree with you post and can relate.

Everything starts with a dream. Those who dont dream can accomplish nothing. :-)

humbl devil said...

yup...you can mark Y or N or just mark the bracket with some symbol and leave the other brackets empty...

Sparkling said...

Are you really suggesting that one first visit Australia before experiencing the joys of being on TOP :p

Bad joke!

I believe in dreams, life is a bitch sometimes, but I still believe in dreams - helps me sleep well at nights :)

burf said...

what about people who don't understand what a dream is or could be?

Anonymous said...

Ahhh great post Vodkie, this is the best i have read on ur blog. Do dream and fulfill them. live them over and u r right there where u wish to be....

and the movie is awesome....fuckingly fantabulous!!

Mez said...

* Thundering applause *


I loved the way you conveyed your thoughts.

Dreams...alas! Only if they came true..I dream but alwayz with a disclaimer in my mind. hehe

Bubbly Vodka said...

Still Thinking - Lol. Bad bad one.

Burf - They need to learn. It isn't impossible.

And thank you Buzz and Mez :)

Vaudevillian said...

positive, encouraging post + goo goo dolls = awesomeness.

I'm doing this.