August 19, 2008

Time. It has been passing by real fast lately. Flying by actually. The days, the week, the months. I'm getting kinda freaked out. I have always tried to push away, procrastinate, ignore, thinking I will have the time to figure them all out later. Tomorrow. Or day after. Or whenever the time is right. But these days, every time I lay my eyes on the calendar, I can feel the time running out. The stopwatch ticking. The sand slipping away from my palms. Like the grip my hands had on time sometime ago vanished overnight. I need to answer all the questions real soon. I need to take the decisions. I need to choose my ways. I'm panicking. Not good.

The weekend flew by. I closed my eyes on Friday night, and it seems like I have opened them straight to a Monday morning. Seriously. The weekend has two days. 48 hours. That is a good amount of time. I know time takes its flights far and away, but never this long. You can't just cruise through 2 days in a 7 day week like it was nothing. I know it probably means I'm having a nice time, loving it, etc etc. Not feeling time drag you through the day is a good thing in the normal world. Agreed on that. But my questions and my decisions and my ways! What am I supposed to do about them? I need to figure something out. Or else I'm screwed.

I felt like I have been living a wishful life today. A wishful life run by my wishful thinkings. Not good. Maybe it's time to pick up the pieces, throw out the imaginary ones, and get going on. Time waits for no man, no?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Vodzie, the pain certainly is fading away......

Capture time and make it work ur way

Che said...

Introspection is the hardest thing to do. Sometimes we dont get the answers because we are asking the wrong questions.

humbl devil said...

live in the present...dont put off decisions for tomorrow...nor waste our today worrying about tomorrow...
you'll work it all out...have faith in yourself...:)

Bubbly Vodka said...

Buzz, it's panic instead of pain this time. The Ps.

Che, probably that is where I am going wrong, the questions.

HD, how on earth are you so positive all the time?! It's annoying. Lol.

Che said...

Ill post something that I wrote after I came back to mumbai after new years. I had just packed my bags and run away. Of course I switched off my phone :P

"The year ended. People celebrated with family and friends. I ran away. From the same people. From the civilization. From my mask. In solitude I sought answers to the questions i could never ask myself. All alone on the beach, in deafening silence, I could finally hear my voice. I asked and I answered. The answers I got were not the ones I wanted to hear. Maybe I was asking the wrong questions. Maybe I was in denial."

Sayani said...

reviewing oneself ...tough job ...but sometime its needed....needed to know for our own sake ....sometime it leave with a feeling of completeness....

sometime there is nothing to panic but still we do ....just we don't know why ....

so buddy cheer up ....let u lead the time :P

Scribblers Inc said...

time flies on the wings of insanity...thats how i put it...

Scribblers Inc.

Bubbly Vodka said...

Che - Am I getting this right, you ran away from home? And I know denial. I live in denial.

Sayani - If only it were so simple, I would be a conductor, and time, my orchestra!

Scribbler - So the more insane you are, the faster time flies? Possibly true.

Che said...

@bubbly:

Ha no dear. I didnt run away from home, i just ran away from my apartment for the new years. I stay alone.

We all live in denial.